Sunday 1 June 2014

Partizan in the Park

Myself and Ade D had a drive over to Partizan today which was located in 3 marquees in the grounds of the Kelham Hall this year due to double booking of the main venue. Thanks to the weather it turned out to be a great day. The marquees were certainly lighter as opposed to the Stygian gloom of the hall. It did get very hot particularly in the morning when attendance was at its highest, but as soon as the crowds thinned out in the afternoon things settled down to a more comfortable temperature.

Not many photos I'm afraid as the phone battery died after lunch when I was planning on taking a good few snaps. First are some Romans from Dr Mikes SMS clinic base on 40mmx20mm bases. Myself and Mike discussed basing conventions at length and I have a bit of a hankering to base my ancients (when I get around to doing them!) on this size base to use for both Hail Caesar and SPQR. I shared a vision with Ade about doing Mons Graupius from the scenario in the SPQR rule book. One day maybe.
 Secondly is a simple picture of some ECW from Peters stand, just for the sake of it. Many of you who have been to a show where Peter Has sold his wares will have seen these, but I love the look of them and if nothing else I will use this as reference for when I get around to my ECW project.

No comments:

Post a Comment